(3) Carefully place tube and plunger assembly on valve body, and secure with two screws. Tighten uniform-
5.51. Final Assembly
Assemble the air conditioner, evacuate and charge in accordance with the following procedure:
a. Install the top panel, and secure with 15 screws and packing washers in the top surface and five screws in the
b. Fit fabric cover onto back of air conditioner, and secure with 18 screws and washers.
c. Install the junction box in the air conditioner as follows:
Connect the two wiring harness plugs
to their respective receptacles
in the rear surface
of the junction
(2) Position the junction box against the mounting brackets in the air conditioner, and secure with two panel
fastener screws in the mounting flanges at each end.
(3) Insert the end of the circuit breaker cable through the hole in the connector plate, and slide core and
fitting over the end of the cable. Tighten the setscrew temporarily to retain cable in place.
(4) Place two loop clamps over the cable sheath, and attach them to the junction box with two screws. Leave
at least 1/4 inch between lower edge of bottom loop clamp and end of cable sheath.
(5) Adjust core end fitting so that 0.12-0.25 inch (3-6mm) of clearance is left between the bottom of the
connector plate and the core end fitting when the circuit breaker handle is down and the reset cable frilly extended. Bend
0.12-0.25 inch (3-6 mm) of the end of the Cable 90 degrees.
d. Install the control panel assembly as directed in the following steps:
(1) Carefully push the temperature control thermostat sensor bulb through the hole and grommet in the floor
of the air intake chamber while positioning the control panel assembly on the junction box. Attach the sensor bulb with a
loop clamp and screw.
(2) Mount the control panel assembly on the junction box ans secure through the corners of
the mounting flang.
(3) Connect wiring harness plug to receptacle on left end of control pad assembly.
(4) Install air filter in retaining channel and bracket. Tighten two screw in retaining bracket. Position air.
intake grille on air conditioner, and secure by turning the six cam-lock studs clockwise.
(5) Install the lower panel on the air conditioner, and secure with two panel fastener screws in the upper
(6) Purge the refrigeration system for
15 minutes with dry nitrogen, then evacuate (paragraph 5.25) and
(8) Close both service valves, remove gauges, and place caps on valves. Position fresh air screen on air con-
ditioner, and secure with five screws.