4-29. CONDITIONED AIR OUTLET GRILLE
Disconnect input power to the air conditioner before performing any internal
maintenance. Voltages used can KILL. Shutting the unit off at the control panel
does not disconnect unit power.
Preliminary procedure: Turn unit power off at power source. If there is a chance that it will be turned on, also disconnect
power cable to air conditioner.
(1) Using screwdriver, remove twelve screws and flat washers.
(2) Remove grille.
b. Cleaning. Wipe or vacuum all dust and dirt off louvers and inside of grille, Be careful not to damage gasket strips
(1) Inspect grille for general condition and proper operation.
(2) Bent louvers can usually be straightened with fingers,
(3) Refer requirements for further repairs to direct support maintenance,
(1) Apply a few drops of light oil to all pivot points and bearing surfaces of the louvers.
(2) Wipe or blot up all excess oil with a cloth or paper towel,
(1) Aline mounting holes with casing fasteners.
(2) Using screwdriver, secure grille with twelve screws and flat washers.
Follow-on procedure: Connect power.