4-32. CONDITIONED AIR FILTER
Preliminary procedure: Remove conditioned air intake grille. (See para 4-30.)
a . Removal
(1) Using screwdriver, remove five screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
(2) Remove upper filter support and filter.
b. Clean filter
(1) Wash filter in a mild detergent and water solution
(2) Rinse thoroughly in clear water.
(3) Shake out excess water prior to installation.
(1) Check filter for punctures, cuts, and damaged edges that would allow passage of unfiltered air.
(2) Check filter for packed or mashed areas that would block air flow.
(3) Replace filter if found bad.
Servicing (after washing filter)
(1) Apply coater (item 1, Appendix E) to the filter media.
(2) Wipe excess coater from filter.
(1) Place filter in lower filter support (part of casing). Be sure that directional arrow is pointing up.
(2) Using screwdriver, secure upper filter support to casing with five screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
Follow-on procedure: Install conditioned air intake grille. (See para 4-30.)