5-15. ACTUATING CYLINDERS AND CONDENSER AIR OUTLET DAMPER LINKAGE (MODELS F36T4-2S,
F36T4-2SA, AND F36T-2S ONLY) - Continued.
(3) Using wrench, remove shoulder bolt and flat washer from linkage arm.
(4) Using wrench, remove two nuts from actuator mounting studs.
(5) Remove actuating cylinder.
(6) If the other actuating cylinder is to be removed, repeat steps (1) through (5).
Position actuating cylinder and insert mounting studs through bracket.
Using wrench, secure cylinder to bracket with two lock nuts.
Using wrench, connect and tighten flare nut.
Check that linkage arm is in place and held in place by push on nut. Install replacement parts if missing,
loose, or broken.
The linkage arms used on opposite sides of the unit are not the same. Take care that
correct part is ordered, and properly installed when replacement is necessary.
Using wrench, install shoulder bolt and flat washer through actuator end and into threaded hole in linkage
The shouldered portion of the shoulder bolt should prevent tight clamping of actuator end
slot. This allows bolt to slide up and down in slot.
If the other actuating cylinder was removed, repeat steps (1) through (5).
Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area. (See para 5-10.)
(10) Using wrench, secure condenser motor channel support with eight cap screws.
Install actuating cylinder access cover. (See para 4-20.)