5-26. SOLENOID VALVES (K3 AND K4) - Continued.
Disconnect wiring harness connector (P6) from (J6) on solenoid valve (K3) or connector (P5) from connec-
tor (J5) on solenoid valve (K4).
Remove nut that attaches coil to valve body.
Remove coil assembly and data plate.
Remove two screws that attach tube and plunger assembly to valve body, Remove tube and plunger as-
sembly, and all other removable internal components from valve body.
Check valve body for visible damage. Normally valve body replacement is unnecessary. If valve body is
in good condition, skip steps (8) through (10).
Using screwdriver, remove two screws and lock washers from base of valve body.
Purge the system with nitrogen and debraze the tube connections. (See para 5-8 and 5-9.)
(10) Remove the valve body.
b. Installation. If valve body was not removed, go to step (3).
(1) Place the valve body on the tube ends, purge the system with nitrogen and braze the tube joints. (See para
(2) Using a screwdriver, secure the valve body to the bracket with two screws and lock washers.
(3) Check internal surfaces of valve body to be sure it is clean.
(4) Carefully install diaphragm, O-ring, and tube and plunger. Secure to valve body with two screws.
(5) Place coil assembly and data plate onto tube and plunger and secure with nut.
(6) Reconnect connector and harness.