ARMY TM 9-4120-380-14
AIR FORCE TO 35E9-136-21
Repair consists of replacement foam gasket, rubber gasket, foam, screen, rivets, or
a. Foam Gasket.
(1) Remove damaged gasket (9) from panel (4).
Acetone and Methyl-Ethyl Ketone (MEK) are flammable and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be toxic Use a
well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or flame
(2) Clean area for new gasket, using acetone or MEK and a stiff brush
(3) Coat surfaces of metal and gasket with adhesive. Let both surfaces dry until adhesive is tacky but will not
stick to fingers
(4) Starting with an end, carefully attach gasket to metal surface. Press into firm contact all over.
b. Rubber Gasket
(1) Remove 10 rivets (12) securing rubber gasket (10)
(2) Remove mounting frame (11) and damaged rubber gasket (10)
(3) Cut new rubber gasket (10) to fit.
(4) Secure new rubber gasket (10) to mounting frame (11) with 10 rivets (12).
(1) Remove 12 rivets (5) and (8) securing front panel (4) and screen (7)
(2) Remove front panel (4) and screen (7).
(3) Remove damaged foam (6)