ARMY TM 9-4120-380-14
AIR FORCE TO 35E9-136-21
(3) Rivets. To replace loose or missing rivets, drill old rivet out using a drill bit slightly smaller than the
diameter of old rivet body, and install replacement rivet.
(4) Rivets. To replace missing rivets, drill old rivet out using a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of
rivet hole, and install replacement rivet
(5) Receptacles. To replace or repair captive fastener receptacles, drill old rivet out using a drill bit slightly
smaller than the diameter of old rivet body, and install replacement receptacle.
(6) Bushings and Grommets. Replace damaged bushings or grommets using standard electrician's repair
(7) Gasket/insulation. To replace or repair gasket or insulation.
(a) Remove as much old gasket or insulation material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the
Acetone and Methyl-Ethyl Ketone (MEK) are flammable and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be toxic Use
a well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or flame.
(b) Soften and remove old adhesive and gasket and insulation residue, using acetone or MEK and a stiff
(c) Coat surfaces of metal and gasket or insulation with adhesive. Let both surfaces dry until adhesive is
tacky but will not stick to fingers
(d) Starting with an end, carefully attach the gasket or insulation to the metal Press into firm contact all
(8) Touch Up. Should touch up or refinishing be necessary, refer to TM 43-0139, Painting Instructions for