Section V. MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
GENERAL MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
a. REMOVAL OF WIRES.
High voltage can kill. Disconnect air conditioner power supply
before performing maintenance work on electrical system.
(1) The electrical circuits in the air conditioner are completed by individual wire
leads or by wire leads laced or enclosed in tiedown straps to form a wiring harness or wiring
(2) At the factory, all of the wiring is marked with the appropriate terminal
designations. However, wires that have been replaced in the field will not carry these
(3) When repairing or replacing the wiring harness or individual wires, refer to the
(4) Preferred repair methods consist of replacing wires, terminals, connectors, etc. ,
rather than splicing wires, bending ends to form terminals, and other make-shift procedures.
(5) Detirmine the proper size and length of wire, terminal, or connector to be used for
b. TESTING OF WIRES.
(2) Use multimeter set on high ohms range to test for shorts between the circuit in a
component and the outside case of the component.
(3) When testing electrical component, also look for visual damage and inspect all
wiring in the area for damage or loose connections.
(4) Test for continuity in leads or wiring harnesses by disconnecting both ends.
(5) Where wires terminate in an electrical connector, disconnect connector from
corresponding receptacle connector or plug connector.
(6) Touch the test probes of a multimeter (set on low ohms range) to ends of wire or
to corresponding pin of connector.
(7) If continuity is not indicated, replace wire.