16. Depending on the type of detector used, a leak will be indicated by an audible
signal, a light, or by meter deflections.
17. When a leak is found, mark the leak point with a grease pencil.
18. Close nitrogen valve after checking entire refrigerant system. Disconnect hose
between charging manifold and nitrogen insulator at the nitrogen regulator. Place center
manifold hose in container.
19. Open manifold valves.
Discharge refrigerant in an open area and NOT around an open
Discharge the system SLOWLY to reduce oil loss from the
20. SLOWLY open low pressure valve to allow refrigerant gas to flow slowly through
21. SLOWLY open high pressure valve to allow refrigerant gas to flow slowly
22. Close both service valves when gas stops flowing. If
no leaks are detected, go
directly to Step 26.
23. Repair or replace defective tubing, fittings, or parts. Refer to Paragraph 5-2.
Nitrogen purge the system during brazing or debrazing. Refer to Paragraph 5-6.
Repeat leak test, steps 4 through 22.
Install top panel and secure with eleven screws, and rain seal washers.
Install canvas cover and secure with sixteen screws and rain seal washers.
Connect power supply.