4-9. HIGH VOLTAGE FIELD CONNECTIONS.
High voltage is used in the operation of this equipment. Power to circuit
must be disconnected before beginning installation. Death on contact or
severe injury may result if personnel fail to observe safety precautions .
a. Specification. Check data decals on the air conditioner. See Figure 2-2 and Figure 2-3. The decals are
stamped at the factory and provide information on phasing, minimum circuit capacity, and voltage required to
operate the unit.
(1) Remove both front door assemblies. See para 4-17.
(2) Remove the control box cover (1, Figure 4-9) by removing the two screws (2).
Contact an electrician prior to installing wiring. Gage of wire required for
installation will vary with length of wire used. Using the wrong gage wire could
cause the wire to overheat and ignite combustible materials.
Holes are provided in the control box for connection of power lines.
(3) Connect power lines to the terminals as shown on the wiring diagram decal inside the control box cover.
(1) Remove the thermostat cover (6, Figure 4-10) by pulling the bottom edge of the cover upward until it snaps
The cover is hinged at the top and must be removed by pulling up at the bottom.
(2) Carefully remove the polystyrene packing insert which protects the mercury switch during shipment. Retain
the insert and packaging for future use.
(3) Remove subbase (1) from thermostat (4) by loosening three captive screws (5).