4-35. REVERSING VALVE SOLENOID.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, service, refrigeration unit
Power off at power source.
Both front door assemblies removed. See para 4-17.
General Safety Instructions:
Disconnect input power to the unit before performing any internal maintenance.
Voltages used can kill. Shutting the unit off at the thermostat does not disconnect
(1) Check reversing valve solenoid (1, Figure 4-31) for loose or missing wires or hardware.
(2) Install both front door assemblies. See para 4-17.
(1) Connect power with the panels removed.
(2) Switch the thermostat from COOL to HEAT, wait one minute, and switch back to COOL. The solenoid (1,
Figure 4-31) should position the reversing valve (2) from cool
to heat and back
If not, replace the
(3) Install both front door assemblies. See para 4-17.
(1) Tag and removing all wiring on the reversing valve solenoid (1, Figure 4-31).
(2) Remove the two screws (3) and pull the reversing valve solenoid out of the air conditioner.
(1) Place the reversing valve solenoid (1, Figure 4-31) on the reversing valve (2) In the air conditioner. Secure
the reversing valve solenoid to the reversing valve with two screws (3).
(2) Connect the wires as tagged and remove the tags.
(3) Install both front door assemblies See para 4-17.