4-39. INDOOR FANS MOTOR BRACKET.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, service, refrigeration unit
Silicone Adhesive (Appendix F, Item 12)
Power off at power source.
Both front door assemblies removed. See para 4-17.
General Safety Instructions:
Disconnect input power to the unit before performing any internal maintenance.
Voltages used can kill. Shutting the unit off at the thermostat does not disconnect
(1) Check the indoor fans motor bracket (1, Figure 4-35) for loose or missing hardware.
(2) Install both front door assemblies. See para 4-17.
(1) Tag and remove wiring to indoor fan motor (2, Figure 4-35) at control box connections.
(2) Remove five screws (3) holding indoor fan assembly in place and retain.
(3) Cut foam (4) and silicone seals (5) around indoor fan assembly and pull the indoor fan assembly forward
and out from the air conditioner.
(4) Loosen the 5/16 set bolts (6) holding both indoor fans (7) to the shaft of the indoor fan motor.
(5) Remove the four screws (8) that secure the left fan to the front and rear brackets (9).
(6) Remove the six screws (10) that secure the indoor fans motor bracket (1) to the Indoor fans.
(7) Slide indoor fans (7) off of indoor fan motor (2) shaft.
(8) Remove the four screws (11) holding the motor clamps (12) and remove the clamps.
(9) Remove the indoor fan motor from the indoor fan motor bracket.