Figure 5-4. Accumulator
All tubing removed with the accumulator must be reinstalled on the new accumulator.
This must be done while the accumulator is out of the unit. See para 5-7.
(1) Place accumulator (10) into unit.
(2) Purge the system while brazing the tubing together. See para 5-6 and 5-7.
(3) Look into the right side door assembly and ensure the accumulator stud (8) is through the hole in the base
pan (9) and then install the nut (7) on the stud (8).
(6) Evacuate and charge the system. See para 5-9 and 5-10.
(8) Slide the control box (5) back and secure it with the two screws (6).
(9) Replace the cover on the control box. See para 4-23.
(10) Slide the dividing wall (3) down and secure with the two screws (2).
11) Slide in the filter brackets (4) and filter.
(12) Reconnect wiring to the compressor (1) and remove tags.
(13) Install both front door assemblies and the right side door assembly. See para 4-17 and 4-19.