5-15. INDOOR COIL.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, service, refrigeration unit
Power off at power source.
Both front door assemblies removed. See para 4-17.
General Safety Instructions:
Disconnect input power to the unit before performing any internal maintenance.
Voltages used can kill. Shutting the unit off at the control panel does not
disconnect unit power.
(1) Remove the four screws (1I, Figure 5-5) from the top panel (2) and pull it up.
(2) Remove the two screws (3) holding the indoor coil clips (4).
(3) Remove the access door (5) by removing the two remaining screws (6) and pulling the door down and
away from the air conditioner.
(4) Use pliers to pull the clips (4) up and away from the indoor coil (7).
(5) Discharge the refrigerant system. See para 5-5.
The tubing should be removed below the refrigerant screen.
(6) Purge the system with nitrogen and debraze the tubing (8). See para 5-6 and 5-7.
When handling coils, wear gloves to avoid cuts and to reduce fin damage on the coil.
(7) Carefully lift the indoor coil (7) up and away from the unit.