This task covers:
Tool kit, service, refrigeration unit
Power off at power source.
Both front door assemblies removed. See para 4-17.
General Safety Instructions:
Disconnect input power to the unit before performing any internal maintenance. Voltages
used can kill. Shutting the unit off at the control panel does not disconnect unit power.
(1) With power on, run the system in both heating and cooling modes. See para 2-7.
(2) If unit will not change modes, check the reversing valve solenoid. See para 4-35. If the solenoid is opera-
tional, replace the reversing valve.
(1) Disconnect the solenoid (1, Figure 5-9) from the reversing valve (2) by removing the two screws (3)
(2) Discharge the refrigerant system. See para 5-5.
If brazed connections are hard to reach or closer than 3 to 4 inches away from the
reversing valve, cut the tubing at least 3 inches away from the valve.
(4) Remove the reversing valve (2) from the unit.