4-15. CONDENSER OUTLET PANEL
This task covers
Tool kit refrigeration SVC
Riveter, blind, hand
General Safety Instructions
Voltages used can kill. Always
Gasket (TM 9-4120-398-24P)
disconnect power cord to air conditioner
before performing any internal
maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect
Dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification
PD-680) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 100 F to 138 F
(38 C to 59 C).
(1) Loosen six stud fasteners (1) from condenser outlet panel (2).
(2) Remove the nine blind rivets (3) holding the top hinge (4).
(4) Remove the grille (5) by removing the 10 tapping screws (6), then lift grille out.
(1) Inspect the panel fcr generaI condition and proper operation.
(2) Repair by straightening bends and dents. Replace if necessary.