This task covers:
Tool kit, refrigeration SVC
General Safety Instructions
Voltages used can kill, Always
Insulation (TM 9-4120-398-24P)
disconnect power cord to air conditioner
before Performing any internal
maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect
Dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification
P-D-680) used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property,
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
Flash point of solvent is 100 F to 138 F
(38 C to 59 C).
(1) Remove two screws (1), lockwashers (2), washers (3), and stacking bolts (4) from top front panel (5).
(2) Remove 14 tapping screws (6) from front and top of panel (5).
(3) Remove top front panel (5).
(1) Inspect the panel for generall condition.
(2) Repair by straightening bends and dents. Replace if necessary.