4-25. MODE SELECTOR SWITCH
This task cover's
Tool kit, refrigeration SVC
1/8" Flat tip screwdriver
External control panel removed
General Safety Instructions
Voltages used can kill. Always disconnect power
cord to air conditioner before performing any
internal maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect unit power.
(1) Check for loose or missing hardware and leads. Tighten and replace as needed.
(2) Check that switch terminals are not too loose, broken or corroded.
(3) Cheek switch for evidence of overheating or visible damage.
(1) Tag and remove leads.
(2) Using multimeter and switch position chart shown in figure 4-20, check continuity at contacts indicated. With
switch position closed, continuity should be indicated. With switch position open, no continuity should be indicated. Check
between each set of contacts and at each switch position.
(3) If continuity requirements are not met, replace mode selector switch.
(1) Loosen setscrew (1) and remove knob (2), nut (3) and washer (4).
(2) Separate external control panel (5) from mode selector switch (6).
(3) Remove keying washer (7).