This task covers: a.
Tool kit, refrigeration SVC
External control panel removed
General Safetv Instructions
Voltages used can kill. Always disconnect power
cord to air conditioner before performing any
internal maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect unit power.
Check for loose or missing hardware and leads. Tighten and replace as needed.
Check that switch terminals arc not too loose, broken or corroded.
Check circuit breaker for evidence of overheating or other visible damage.
Replace damaged or defective circuit breaker.
b. Test (Installed).
(1) Tag and remove leads.
(2) Using multimeter, conduct a continuity test across the two switch terminals. No continuity reading indicates a
defective circuit breaker.
(3) Press reset switch and repeat continuity test.
(4) If continuity requirements are not met, replace circuit breaker.
(1) Remove boot (1) and insert (2).
(2) Remove circuit breaker (3) from external control panel.