This task covers:
Tool kit, refrigeration SVC
General Safty Instructions
Voltages used can kill. Always disconnect power
card to air conditioner before performing any
internal maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect unit power.
(1) Tag and disconnect wire leads.
(2) Check continuity between TB3 and leads. Repeat for all wire leads.
(To avoid sneak circuit error, measure the resistance only with the heating element leads disconnected
from the remainder of the circuit). Normal resistance is 27 ohms. A meter reading of indicates an
(3) Replace heating element if no continuity is indicated.
(1) Remove the four screws (1) in the cover (2) on the heater end terminal box (3). Remove the cover (2).
(2) Remove the hex nut (4) from the defective heating element (5) threaded sleeve.