This task covers:
Tool kit, refrigeration SVC
General Safty InstruText
Voltages used can kill, Always disconnect power
cord to air conditioner before performing any
internal maintenance. Shutting unit off at its
control panel does not disconnect unit power.
(1) Check for continuity between motor and motor casing.
(2) If continuity is present, replace defective motor.
(1) Loosen bolt (1) in motor mounting bracket (2). Lower motor (3) down and out of clamp ring.
(2) Remove the cover (4) from the electrical junction box (5).
(3) Tag and disconnect wires
(4) Loosen the clamp on the cable connector and pull line wires out of junction box.
(5) Remove motor (3).
(1) Connect wires to motor (3).
(2) Replace cover (4) on electrical junction box (5).
(3) Aline motor (3) with mounting bracket (2) and tighten bolt (1).