Section VI PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
4-39. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE
a. Administrative storage of equipment. See Administrative Storage of Equipment, TM 740-90-1. Administrative
storage is short term storage 1 to 45 days. It covers a storage of equipment which can be readied for mission performance
within 24 hours. Before placing an item in administrative storage, the next scheduled preventive maintenance checks and
services should be performed, all known deficiencies corrected, and all current modification work orders applied. The storage
site should provide required protection from the elements and allow access for visual inspetion when applied. Store the ducts
in the condenser storage compartment.
b. Intermediate storage -46 to 180 days. No special handling is required other than protection from damage and the
(1) Store the ducts in the condenser storage compartment.
(2) PIace the air conditioner in a dry, covered area.
c. Long term or flyable storage. There is no time limit for this type of storage.
(1) Store the duets in the condenser storage compartment.
(2) Bolt the unit to a skid base, preferably the original used to ship the unit if it has been preserved.
(3) Wrap the unit with two layers of heavy plastic sheet or barrier paper.
(4) Tape and strap the wrapping in place.
(5) Mark the air conditioner per standard Army procedures.