1-7. PURPOSE, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES. - Continued
(3) Provides source of filtered outside (fresh) ventilation air.
(4) Is self contained in a single cabinet that is ideally suited for van, shelter, or room
(5) Operates in environmental conditions from tropic to arctic.
(6) Is fully portable.
(7) Has connection point for a NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) filter.
(8) Has alternate power input connection locations to provide a variety of installations.
(9) Designed for low-noise level operation.
c. Special features.
The control module may be removed from the unit and remote mounted.
When control module is remote mounted, a block off panel must be
used on the air conditioner. The block off panel must be ordered
separately. Interconnected cables must also be fabricated. See para.
for additional information.
(1) Fresh Air Filter and Damper -- Provides filtered outside air.
(2) Condenser Air Outlet Guard
-- Protects personnel
from injury and fans
(3) Pressure Switches -- Contains HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CUTOUT switches (S5
(4) Refrigerant Sight Glass (liquid sight indicator) -- Allows visual inspection and
indicates condition of liquid refrigerant when the unit is operating in the cool mode.
(5) Condenser Coil -- Serves as a heat exchanger by transferring heat from the
refrigerant passing through the tubing to the air passing over the tubing and fins.
(6) Condenser Coil Guard
-- Protects coil
it through the evaporator (cooling) coil heater elements and into the room or
(8) Evaporator Coil
as a heat exchanger
by transferring heat
from the air
passing over the tubing and fins to the refrigerant passing through the tubing.
(9) Fabric Cover -- Shown in stowed (operational) position. When rolled down and
snapped it protects the rear (exposed) surface of the unit.