(10) Heater Elements -- Consists of two banks of three elements each. Only one bank
operates in the LO HEAT mode. Both banks operate in the HI HEAT mode,
however, the temperature control thermostat controls only one bank.
(11) Conditioned Air Discharge Guard -- Adjustable louvers allow directional control
of conditioned air.
(12) Intake (Return Air) Guard -- Adjustable louvers allow control of outside (fresh)
and return (from room or enclosure) air.
(13) Input Power Receptacle (located in junction box) -- For connection of external
power source cable.
The air conditioner is designed so that the input power
receptacle may be used in the front panel location shown,
o r it may be moved to one of four other alternative
(14) Control Module -- Contains a five position mode selector switch and a temperature
The control module is shown in its location when the air
conditioner is installed as a self-contained unit. The control
module is designed so that it may be removed from the
cabinet and installed in a remote location. See installation
(15) Condensate Water Drip Pan and Drain -- The drip pan is located directly below
the evaporator coil and mist eliminator and is built into the casing. Its purpose is
to collect condensate that drips off the evaporator coil and mist eliminator during
cooling operations. Condensate water then flows through tubing to the drain
located inside the lower left hand front comer of the cabinet.
-- Pumps refrigerant through the system
during cooling operations.
Exiting from the junction box are the control circuit breakers (CB1 and CB3),
compressor circuit breaker (CB1) and input power receptacle.
(17) Junction Box
and protects electrical system control devices.
(18) Condenser Air Fan and Motor
-- Draws air through the condenser coil
discharges the heated air back to the outside during cooling operations.
(19) Conditioned Air Filter -- Provides filtered return air.