4-4. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT. - Continued.
To protect the air conditioner and prevent damage, the air conditioner
should be left packaged until it is moved to the location where it is
to be installed.
The shipping container is of such a design that it may be retained for
r e - u s e for mobility purposes if frequent relocation of the air
conditioner is anticipated.
(1) Remove shipping container.
(2) Cut the metal bands that hold the top and sides of the container to the base.
(3) Use a pry bar to gently remove top and sides of container to expose unit.
(4) Remove the cushioning around the top of the cabinet and retain, if re-use is
(5) Remove the preservation barrier by tearing around the bottom of the cabinet.
(6) Remove the technical publications envelope and accessory sack that are taped to
the cabinet and put them in a safe place.
It is recommended that the cabinet be left bolted to the shipping pallet
until time to place it in the installation position.
inspection actions can be conducted without removal from the pallet.
(7) Remove pallet.
(8) Attach an overhead hoist with an appropriate sling and spreader bar to the lifting
fittings provided at each side of the cabinet then raise the cabinet and remove the
four bolts that hold the air conditioner to the pallet.
(9) Remove and retain the pallet and bolts if re-use is anticipated. Be sure to remove
all remaining barrier material from the underside of the cabinet base.
(10) Lower the cabinet to the floor in the desired position and remove the sling and
The bolts used to anchor the cabinet base to the pallet may be used
to anchor it in place in the installed location if the installation method
allows for anchoring from beneath.