(12) The temperature control thermostat has an effective functional range between 40 and
90F (5 and 32"C). In extreme conditions when ambient air temperature is below 40F (5C)
or above 90F (32C), operation in either LO HEAT or HI HEAT mode will vary from that
(13) Turn temperature control thermostat knob to fully INCREASE (clockwise) position, then
and that compressor starts approximately 30 seconds later. Hold your hand in air flow from
conditioned air outlet grille; there should be no change in temperature. Now turn temperature
control thermostat knob to fully DECREASE (counterclockwise) position and feel outlet air
temperature begin to drop almost immediately. Leave controls in present position and perform
(14) After 15 minutes of operation, check in sight glass and compare refrigerant condition
with the color coded information plate provided (See para. 2-3.)
(15) Turn mode selector switch to OFF and observe that all air conditioner functions cease.
(16) Set-up the air conditioner for the desired operational mode.
Section IlI. LUBRICATION
4-14. GENERAL. No lubrication is required for this unit.