4-32. EVAPORATOR FAN MOTOR AND BRACKET. - Continued.
(1) Rotate shaft on motor and check for smooth bearing operations.
(2) Test motor for electrical continuity as follows:
This test must be conducted when motor is cool.
leads El (black ground wire) and BLUE, WHITE, and RED. Continuity must not be indicated
between ground and each wire lead.
(b) If continuity is found, replace motor.
(c) Using an ohmmeter set on lowest ohms scale, check continuity between wire
leads VIOLET and YELLOW (thermoprotector). Continuity must be indicated.
(d) If continuity is not indicated, replace motor.
BLUE, WHITE, and RED. Continuity must be indicated.
(f') If continuity is not indicated, replace motor.
(1) Install evaporator fan bracket (6) and loosely install four nuts (10), four leek washers
(9), four flat washers (8), and four bolts (7).
(2) Attach evaporator fan motor (5) to evaporator fan bracket (6) and loosely install four
nuts (4), four lock washers (3), four flat washers (2), and four bolts (1).
(3) Center all components to eliminate contact between all rotating components and then
tighten all hardware.
(8) Install conditioned air discharge guard (See para. 3-5).