This Task Covers:
Tool kit, Refrigeration
Air conditioner shut down and cool.
Damage to actuator refrigerant connectors or
lines can cause serious injury to personnel
and components. Do not disconnect damper
actuator lines or fittings.
D o not bend
refrigerant tubing more than necessary to
allow condenser scroll removal.
(1) Remove two nuts (l), two lock washers (2), two flat washers (3), disengage actuator
(4) from damper shaft (5) and carefully move damper actuator away from condenser scroll (6).
(2) Remove two screws (7) from side of unit holding condenser scroll (6).
(3) Remove four screws (8), four lock washers (9), and four flat washers (10) holding
condenser scroll (6) from rear of unit.
(4) Loosen set screw (11) and remove damper actuator (5) from condenser scroll (6).
(5) Perform the following steps for units with serial numbers 0001 through 0006.
(a) Drill out rivnut (12) on side on unit.
(b) Drill out three rivnuts (13) holding condenser damper actuator bracket (14) to side
of condenser scroll (6) and remove bracket.
(c) Remove five screws (15), five flat washers (16), five lock washers (17), and right
condenser inlet guard retainer (18).
(d) Loosen screws (19) on left retainer (20).