4-46. CONDENSER SCROLL. - Continued.
(1) Repair of condenser scroll is limited to removing dents and straightening bent metal.
(2) If damage to condenser scroll is extensive, replace scroll.
(1) Place condenser scroll (6) into position in unit.
(2) Perform the following steps for units with serial numbers 0001 through 0006.
Install right condenser inlet guard
(a) Tighten screws (19) on left retainer (20).
retainer (18), five lock washers (17), five flat washers (16), and five screws (15).
(b) Install bracket (14) and three rivnuts (13) holding condenser damper actuator
bracket (14) to side of condenser scroll (6).
(c) Install rivnut (12) on side of unit.
(3) Install damper actuator (4) to condenser scroll (6) and tighten set screw (11).
Damage to actuator refrigerant connectors or
lines can cause serious injury to personnel
and components. Do not disconnect damper
D o not bend
actuator lines or fittings.
refrigerant tubing more than necessary to
allow condenser scroll removal.
(4) Install four flat washers (10), four lock washers (9), and four screws (8) holding
condenser scroll to rear of unit.
(5) Install two screws (7) holding condenser scroll (6) to side of unit.
(6) Place damper actuator (4) next to condenser scroll (6) and attach actuator to damper
(7) Install two flat washers (3), two lock washers (2) and two nuts (1).