Replacement dehydrators are packaged with sealing caps on the flare
fittings to prevent moisture contamination of the desiccant filtering
media. Remove these caps immediately prior to installation. Never
install a dehydrator from which caps have been removed for an
extended or unknown period of time.
Improper installation of dehydrator may damage components. Be sure
to install dehydrator with arrow pointing up.
(1) Install dehydrator (7) in clamp (6).
(2) Secure clamp (6) to dehydrator (7) with screw (9), lock washer (10), and nut (8).
(3) Pivot dehydrator (7) and clamp (6) into position.
(4) Secure two flare nuts (1) and (2) to dehydrator (7).
(5) Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area (See para. 5-10).