(14) Remove the pump, reservoir, filter, and filter-dryer dehydrator jumper. Place an
empty container below the compressor connections, and connect a cylinder of dry nitrogen to
each filter/dryer dehydrator connection in turn. Blow down each leg of the system at 50 psig
(3.5 kg/cm2) for at least 30 seconds.
and filter/dryer dehydrator are not to be installed immediately.
Running unit with improper oil level will damage unit. The compressor
is supplied with a complete charge of oil. Take care that oil is not lost
when handling and installing compressor.
(1) Lift compressor (7) through the lower front panel opening and position it on base
(2) Lift or tilt the compressor (7) and install the four rubber washers (8) between each
of the four compressor mounting feet (3) and the base pan.
(3) Install a flat washer (5) and a rubber washer (6) on each of the four mounting bolts
(4) Install the four bolts (4) from beneath the base pan and install the four nut/washers
(2) on the bolts.
Heat from brazing can damage compressor. Wrap wet rags around
compressor at connection points and while brazing direct flame away
from compressor during brazing.
(5) While purging the system with nitrogen, braze the tubing joints (See para. 5-8 and
(7) Connectelectrical connector plug (P3) to connector (J3) on compressor terminal box.
(8) Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area (See para. 5-10).
(9) Install and tape in place tubing insulation that was removed from suction line tubing.
If it was damaged, replace with tubing insulation (Appendix E, item 24).