Section VI UNIT MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
The procedures in this section have been arranged in the order in which the items appear in the unit (O)
maintenance level column on the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) which is provided in Appendix B. Step-by-
step procedures have been provided for all action authorized to be performed by unit maintenance in the order in
which they appear on the MAC.
Do not operate this unit with the panels, covers, screens, grilles, and guards
removed or open unless the instructions tell you to. When this is necessary, do
so with care to prevent personal injury.
This task covers:
Look washers (6)
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
(1) Unsnap seven snap fasteners (1).
(2) Remove six sets of screws (2), lock washers (3), and flat washers (4). Lift fabric cover (5) from unit.
Wash the fabric cover using a solution of fresh water and a mild detergent. A soft scrubbing brush may be
used to remove caked deposits. Thoroughly rinse with freshwater and air dry.
(1) Secure fabric cover (5) to the unit with six sets of screws (2), lock washers (3), and flat washers (4).
(2) If unit is to be put back into service, roll cover up and tie in place.
(3) If unit is to be stored or shut down for an extended period, roll cover down and secure snaps (1).