4-18. RETURN AIR LOUVER AND AIR FILTER. - continued
Dry cleaning solvent used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel
and property. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Use in well
(1) Usually it is only necessary to wipe or brush the dirt from the louver (3). If the louver is extremely dirty, it
can be washed following the same procedure as the filter (4).
(2) Immerse fitter (4) in mild detergent solution or dry cleaning solvent.
(3) Agitate until dirt is removed, using a soft brush if necessary to loosen caked-on dirt.
(4) Rinse in clear water.
(5) Drain, then hold filter (4) horizontal and tap each edge on bench or floor to dislodge droplets.
(6) Be sure filter (4) is totally dry prior to installation.
(1) Check louver (3) for bent, missing, or damaged blades. Notify supervisor if louver is damaged.
(2) Check filter (4) for punctures, cuts, and damaged edges that would allow passage of unfiltered air.
(3) Check fitter (4) for packed or mashed areas that would block airflow.
(4) Replace filter (4) if damaged.
Replace louver (3) if badly dented, bent, or damaged.
(1) Sparingly apply air filter coater to filter.
(2) Place fitter (4) in retainer clips with air fbw arrows pointing away from louver (3).
(3) Position louver (3) on unit and aline mounting holes. Secure in place with eight sets of screws (1) and
lock washers (2).
Adjust louver (3) blades to desired msition.
Connect power at power source.