FAULT INDICATOR, LIGHT EMITTING DIODE (DS1, DS2, DS3, AND DS4).
This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Crimping Tool Kit
Lock Washers (4)
(1) Remove four sets of screws (1), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) securing control panel (4) to
control box (5).
(2) Carefully pull control panel (4) away from control box (5) as far as harness will allow.
(3) Check light emitting diodes (6) for loose or missing terminals. Replace if damaged.
(1) Using a multimeter set to test diodes, connect red lead to connector (7) pin number 2 and black lead in
turn to pin numbers 4, 9, 10, and 11 (DS1, DS2, DS3, and DS4) (figure 4-6). The multimeter should
indicate between 1 and 2 volt drop on each pin
(2) Reverse the leads from step (1) above and repeat check, The multimeter should give no indication on
(3) Replace any light emitting diode (6) that tests defective.