This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Use disconnect switch (NOT POWER
CABLE) to disconnect power to unit.
Electromagnetic Interference Filter
Damage to cable connector pins will
result if cable is used.
Disconnect power at power source.
Lock Washers (4)
Wire Ties (3)
Check electromagnetic interference filter (FL1) (1) for dents, punctures, and evidence of overheating.
Replace if badly dented, punctured, burnt, or connectors are damaged.
(1) Disconnect connector J13 from motor controller (MC1) connector P13.
(2) Put circuit breaker CB1 to OFF position.
(3) Check continuity between CB1 terminals LINE 1,2, and 3 and J13 terminal 4 to electromagnetic
interference filter (FL1) (1) case. If continuity is indicated, replace filter.
(4) Check continuity as shown in following chart.
Continuity testing does not necessarily predict the behavior of capacitors under
load. If the filter still does not operate properly after passing the continuity test,
substitute a filter known to be good.
(6) Reconnect connector J13 to motor controller (MC1) connector P13.