This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Use disconnect switch (NOT POWER
CABLE) to disconnect power to unit.
Damage to cable connector pins will
result if cable is used.
Tiedown straps (6)
Disconnect power at power source.
Check thermistor (1) for loose lead wires and general condition. Replace if damaged.
(1) Remove connector (P3) (2) from logic box connector (J3).
Resistance should be between 2.4 kiloohms and 33.2 kiloohms. Replace if defective.
(1) Remove connector (P3) (2) from logic box connector (J3) (3).
(2) Tag and disconnect (P3) harness leads (4) from terminal board (TB3) (5). Remove wiring harness.
(3) Remove six tiedown straps (6).
(4) Remove screw (7), lock washer (8), flat washer (9), and clamp (10).
(5) Remove two sets of screws (11), lock nuts (12), and clamps (13).
(6) Carefully pull thermistor (1) from unit wiring harness.
(7) Remove thermistor (1) lead pins from connector (P3) (2).
(8) Remove pins from thermistor (1) leads and install on replacement thermistor leads.
(9) Insert thermistor (1) lead pins into connector (P3) (2).
(10) Secure wire leads with six tiedown straps (6).