HEATER ELEMENTS (HR1-HR6).
This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Heater Elements (6)
Lock Washers (6)
Tiedown straps (10)
(1) Visually inspect each heating element (1) for obvious damage, deformation, cracked or broken sheath,
burnt out spots, and loose, broken, or otherwise damaged wire leads and terminals. Replace if
(2) Check heater support (2) and mounting bracket (3) for obvious damage, cracks, or broken welds.
Check for loose or missing mounting hardware. Replace if damaged.
(1) Tag and disconnect wire leads from heater relay (K1 ) terminals and terminal post (TP1 ).
wire lead terminals. Replace if no continuity is indicated.
one wire lead terminal and heating element sheath. Replace if continuity is indicated.
(4) If no replacement is necessary, connect wire leads to terminal post (TP1) and heater relay (K1) using
(1) Remove channel gasket (4).
(2) Tag and disconnect heater leads from terminal post (5).
(3) Remove screw (6), lock washer (7), flat washer (8), and terminal post (5).