This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Use disconnect switch (NOT POWER
CABLE) to disconnect power to unit.
Damage to cable connector pins will
result if cable is used.
Disconnect power at power supply.
Lock Washer (3)
Tiedown Straps (3)
(1) Check that all fan housing parts are in place and in good condition.
(2) Inspect fan impeller (1) for damaged or bent blades and free rotation.
(3) Inspect the motor (2) for signs of overheating.
(4) Check all mounting hardware for tightness.
(5) Tag and disconnect motor (2) connector plugs (3) and (4). Check for loose, damaged, or missing pins.
(6) Connect motor (2) connector plugs (3) and (4) using tags and wiring diagram (figure 4-6).
b. S e r v i c e .
Wipe all dust or dirt from fan impeller (1), motor (2), and fan housing assembly.
The motor is equipped with an internal thermal safety. If the motor is hot, it must
be allowed to cool before testing.
(1) Tag and disconnect motor (2) connector plugs (3) and (4).