S E R V I C E MANIFOLD INSTALLATION.
This task covers:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Use disconnect switch (NOT POWER
CABLE) to disconnect power to unit.
Damage to cable connector pins will
result if cable is used.
Disconnect power at power source.
Dangerous chemical refrigerant under pressure is used in the operation of this
equipment. Use great care to avoid contact with liquid refrigerant.
Sudden and irreversible tissue damage can result from freezing. Wear gloves
and a face protector or safety glasses in any situation where skin or eye contact
with refrigerant is possible.
Heat causes the refrigerant to break down and form carbonyl chloride
(phosgene), a highly toxic and corrosive gas, Prevent contact of refrigerant with
flame or hot surfaces.
Refrigerant can cause suffocation. Work in a well ventilated area.
(1) Remove four screws (1) and access panel (2).
(2) Check that HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVES are closed.
(3) Remove protective caps from HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVES.
(4) Connect the pressure gauge hose to HIGH PRESSURE CHARGING VALVE and the compound gauge
hose to LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVE.
(5) Check that all four service manifold valves are closed.
(6) Open HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVES.
(7) Loosen the pressure gauge hose at service manifold and allow refrigerant to purge for 3-5 seconds.
(8) Loosen the compound gauge hose at service manifold and allow refrigerant to purge for 3-5 seconds.