1-6. NOMENCLATURE CROSS-REFERENCE LIST. To simplify the use of certain terms used in this technical manual,
some common names have been used to replace longer or more complex terms. The following list shows the common
name used in this technical manual and the official nomenclature of the terms these common names replace.
Air Condition er
Air Conditioner, Horizontal, Compact,
36,000 Btu/hr, Multi-Power Input,
Refer to TM 750-244-3, Procedures for
1-7. DESTRUCTION OF ARMY MATERIEL TO PREVENT ENEMY USE.
Destruction of Equipment to Prevent Enemy Use.
1-8. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT. Contact unit maintenance for air conditioning unit preparation for
Section II. EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
1-9. EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES.
a. Equipment Characteristics. This air conditioner is designed to ventilate, cool or heat, and to filter air in rooms or
b. Capabilities and features.
(1) Provides a maximum of 36,000 Btu/hr of cooling or 31,200 Btu/hr of heating.
(2) This air conditioner unit is capable of accepting an external power source of 208 volts AC, 3 phase in
frequencies of 50/60/400 Hz.
(3) Other external requirements are a suitable ground and an entry to a suitable condensation drain.
(4) Equipped with an electronic logic box assembly which accepts signals from the air conditioner control
module, sends signals to the motor controller, and identifies electrical faults by means of integral fault lights.
(5) Equipped with a motor controller which provides "soft starts" to the air conditioner motors and automatic
shutdown in the event of over/under input power voltage, output overcurrent, and over temperature of the motor controller.
(6) Provides source of filtered outside (fresh) ventilation air.
(7) Is self contained in a single cabinet that is ideally suited for van, shelter, or room installations.