Section III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2-5. ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE. Services of unit maintenance should be employed for original
unpacking, assembly installation, and preparation for use. See paragraph 3-6 through 3-13.
a. Inspect all covers, panels, and screens for loose mounting, obstructions, or shipping damage.
deficiencies to unit maintenance.
b. Perform the preventive maintenance checks and services listed
in Table 2-1.
2-6. GENERAL OPERATING PROCEDURES . The following general operation procedures and explanations should be
used and understood to be sure that the air conditioner unit will operate in the best possible manner. Refer to Figure 2-1
for location of operator's controls and indicators. The Air Conditioner should be checked for operation in all modes after
installation is completed and when it is placed back in operation after an extended shut down period.
a. Before operation.
(1) Check that fabric cover has been unsnapped and rolled up, and secured with both straps.
(2) Check that mode selector switch on control panel is in the OFF/RESET position.
(3) Check that air conditioner has been properly connected to a 208 volt AC, 50/60/400 HZ power source.
(4) Check that circuit breaker is in the ON position.
Do not operate the unit until input power has been supplied for at least 20 minutes.
The motor controller voltage threshold circuit will drift during cold start operation
and may indicate an over/under voltage fault.
(5) Check that all air inlet and outlet openings are clear and fully open. Adjust fresh air damper as desired.
Condenser air louvers on back of unit are operated automatically by the air
(6) Check that condensate drain at lower left rear of the air conditioner is either opened or properly connected
to drain water from unit.
2-10 Change 1