3-6. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT.-Continued.
Do not allow the unit to swing while suspended from a lifting device. Failure to
observe this warning may result in injury to personnel and damage to the
Use care in handling to avoid damage to the air conditioner. If an overhead lifting
device must be used, use an appropriate sling so that the weight of the unit is
supported by the base of the shipping container.
(2) Use a forklift truck or other suitable material handling equipment to remove the unit from the carrier.
To protect the air conditioner and prevent damage, the air conditioner should be
left packaged until it is moved to the location where it is to be installed.
The shipping container is of such a design that it may be retained for re-use for
mobility purposes if frequent relocation of the air conditioner is anticipated.
(1) Remove shipping container.
(2) Cut the metal bands that hold the top of the container to the base.
(3) Remove staples that secure fiber board container to pallet.
(4) Remove the cushioning around the top of the cabinet and retain, if re-use is anticipated.
(5) Remove the preservation barrier by tearing around the bottom of the cabinet.
(6) Remove the technical publications envelope and accessory sack that are taped to the cabinet and put them
in a safe place.
It is recommended that the cabinet be left bolted to the shipping pallet until time to
place it in the installation position. All receiving inspection actions can be
conducted without removal from the pallet.