(7) Remove pallet.
Do not allow the unit to swing while suspended from a lifting device. Failure to
observe this warning may result in injury to personnel and damage to the
Use care in handling to avoid damage to the air conditioner. If an overhead lifting
device must be used, use an appropriate sling so that the weight of the unit is
supported by the base of the shipping container.
(8) Attach an overhead hoist with an appropriate sling and spreader bar to the lifting fittings provided at each
side of the cabinet then raise the cabinet and remove the four bolts that hold the air conditioner to the pallet.
(9) Remove and retain the pallet and bolts if re-use is anticipated. Be sure to remove all remaining barrier
material from the underside of the cabinet base.
(10) Lower the cabinet to the floor in the desired position and remove the sling and hoist.
The bolts used to anchor the cabinet base to the pallet may be used to anchor it in
place in the installed location if the installation method allows for anchoring from
c. Checking Unpacked Equipment. To check the unpacked air conditioner, perform the following steps.
(1) Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged, report
damage on DD Form 6, Packaging Improvement Report.
(2) Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete.
Report all discrepancies in accordance with the instructions as defined within DA PAM 738-750. See that
all components of end item and basic issue items are with the equipment.
(3) Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.