3-27. METAL COVERS.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, Semite, Refrigeration, Unit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Gaskets (Refer to TM 9-4120-404-24P) (If gaskets are being replaced.)
Air conditioner shut down and cool.
(1) Remove nine screws (1), five screws (2) and front cover (3).
(2) Remove nine screws (4), five screws (5), and rear cover (6).
(3) Remove eight screws (7) and center cover (8).
(4) Remove gasket material (9) if damaged.
Serious injury can result in breathing fumes of dry cleaning solvent P-D680, Type
III. Serious injury or death can result from explosion of fumes from solvent. When
using this solvent:
Clean parts in a well ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning solvent.
Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100 F to 138
F (38 C to 59 C).
Wear eye protection when blowing solvent from parts. Air pressure should not exceed
30 psig (2.1 kg/cm 2).
(1) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth or a medium bristle brush, and cleaning solvent. Be sure that
all gasket adhesive residue is removed if gasket material is being replaced.