This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, Service, Refrigeration, Unit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Air conditioner shut down and cool.
Air conditioner disconnected from power source.
This test must be conducted when motor is cool.
(1) Using an ohmmeter set on lowest ohms scale, check continuity between leads 1 (blue) & 2 (red), 1 (blue) &
3 (white), and 2 (red) & 3 (white) on connector P10. Continuity should be indicated between these leads.
(2) Test continuity between leads 1 (blue) & 4 (black), 2 (red) & 4 (black), and 3 (white) & 4 (black) on
connector P10. Continuity should NOT be indicated between these leads.
(3) Test for continuity between leads 1 (yellow) & 2 (violet) on connector P9. Continuity should be indicated.
(4) Rotate motor shaft very slowly and check for smooth and quiet operation of shaft.
Shaft should rotate smoothly and should not make grinding or binding noises.
(5) If evaporator motor fads any of the above tests, motor must be replaced.