(1) Using multimeter set on lowest OHMS scale, check for continuity between leads of coil. If continuity is not
found, coil is open and must be replaced.
(2) Using multimeter set on lowest OHMS scale, check for continuity between each lead and coil casing. If
continuity is found between either lead and the casing, the coil is grounded and must be replaced.
(1) Tag and disconnect wires connected to solenoid valve (1).
(2) Remove nut (2), washer (3), and coil (4).
(1) Install coil (4), washer (3), and nut (2) onto solenoid valve (1).
(2) Refer to wire tags installed during removal and reconnect wires of coil as indicated and then remove tags.
(3) Install rear cover (see pare. 3-27).
(4) Reconnect air conditioner to power source.