4-19. SOLENOID VALVE. - Continued.
a. Test. (Continued).
(1) Start air conditioner and set mode selector switch to COOL while listening closely to solenoid valve. If
solenoid valve does not click, replace valve.
(2) If solenoid valve does click, let it run for 10 minutes and then touch inlet and outlet tubing of solenoid valve.
If inlet and outlet tubing are both hot to the touch, solenoid valve is defective and must be replaced.
(1) Tag and disconnect coil wires.
(2) Debraze all tubing connected to solenoid valve (1) per para. 4-7.
(3) Remove two screws (2) and two flat washers (3).
(4) Remove solenoid valve (1) from unit.
Figure 4-13. Solenoid Valve.