4-24. PRESSURE SWITCHES (S5) AND (S6).
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, Service, Refrigeration, Unit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Air conditioner shut down and cool.
Condenser fan motor nearest pressure switches removed (see para. 3-34).
Condenser fan scroll nearest pressure switches removed (see para. 4-14).
Recover refrigerant from system (see para. 4-6) (after pressure switch testing),
(1) Install manifold gauges to service valves.
(2) Press and release reset button to be sure that each switch is not tripped.
(3) Tag and disconnect leads on each pressure switch.
(4) Using multimeter set on lowest OHMS scale, check for continuity between terminals 1 and 2 on each
pressure switch. Check that continuity exists on both pressure switches if gauge reading is more than 15 psi or less than
(5) If there is no continuity, replace pressure switch.
(1) Remove cable ties as needed.
(2) Tag and remove all wiring attached to pressure switches.
(3) Restrain adapter (1) and loosen flare nut (2).
(4) Restrain adapter (3) and loosen flare nut (4).