4-26. EXPANSION VALVE.
This Task Covers:
Tool Kit, Semite, Refrigeration, Unit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Air conditioner shut down and cool.
(1) Perform a refrigerant pressure check on unit in accordance with para. 4-6. Leave gages or service manifold
(2) Remove the suction line insulation from the area of the sensing bulb (1). Observe location and position of
bulb for reinstallation.
(3) Remove screw (2), lock washer (3), and post spacer (4) holding clamp (5) on sensing bulb (1).
(4) Remove cable ties (6) from capillary of sensing bulb (1).
(5) Place mode selector switch to COOL mode and set temperature control to maximum COOL. Run unit for a
minimum of 30 minutes.
High voltages can kill or seriously injure personnel, Exercise extreme caution
since the following test must be conducted with the power on.