4-28. COMPRESSOR (B1). - Continued.
2. Secure the connector (7) with four screws (6), four lock washers (5), and four nuts (4).
3. Install junction box (1), two lock washers (3), and two screws (2).
(2) Compressor Crankcase Heater Replacement (Refrigerant system discharge is not required.)
Severe bums can result from touching hot heater.
Allow heater to cool before
1. Remove two screws (2) and two lock washers (3).
2. Pull junction box (1) away from compressor.
3. Disconnect crankcase heater wires from butt splices and from jumper wires of connector.
4. Remove spring clip (8) from insertion port of crankcase heater (9) and remove from compressor.
1. Fill crankcase heater insertion port with thermal mastic.
3. Reconnect crankcase heater wires to butt splice connector of connector (7).
4. Install junction box (1), two lock washers (3), and two screws (2).